Last updated: April 1, 2016
Information collected and how it is used:
We automatically collect information when you visit the Sites including your device’s IP address, and basic statistics about how you use the Sites.
We collect information that you submit when visiting the Sites including registration information (your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, etc.), contact information if you sign up for our newsletter or contact us with an inquiry (email address, telephone number), payment card information if you make a donation or purchase (name, billing and shipping address, card information, email and telephone number), or other information as needed to provide particular programs or services (e.g., insurance applications, applications for fiscal sponsorship, venue data for one of our space directories, etc.)
We use the collected information for our general business purposes and to improve our programs and services in support of our charitable mission. We use your contact information to respond to your inquiries or to provide information on products or services to you.
We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Sites to provide us with better insights into the use of the Sites or user demographics (e.g., Google Analytics). These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We do not currently use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
How we handle sensitive information:
Making a donation or purchase through the Sites requires that you provide credit card information. Certain other services, such as applying for insurance, require that you provide social security or employer identification numbers. These are examples of “sensitive information” that must be treated with extra caution.
Our policy is not to store sensitive information except when it is necessary to do so. For example, we do not store full credit card numbers after transmitting them to our payment processing vendor.
When it is necessary to store sensitive information, such as the tax ID number associated with a fiscally sponsored project, we generally store it an encrypted format. This ensures that, in the highly unlikely event that our database were breached, the attacker would have a very hard time accessing the information in a useful format.
When sensitive information must be transmitted over the internet, such as when we send a credit card number to our payment processing vendor, it is transmitted over encrypted channels, making it much more difficult for an attacker to intercept and steal.
The Sites are neither designed nor intended to be attractive for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Accessing your information and your choices:
Members of Mission.Earth may update or amend their information at any time by visiting theAccount Settings page.
We send two different kinds of email:
1. Transactional emails are specific to you and your relationship with Mission.Earth. They include things like purchase receipts, program notifications, and dues rebilling reminders.
2. Bulk emails are sent to many individuals at the same time. They include things like our Announcements list, the newsletter, and other periodic newsletters.
You can choose not to receive bulk emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any such email you receive from us. However, we need to send transactional emails in order to provide our programs and services, so you can’t unsubscribe from those.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies, however, you won’t be able to login to the Sites and certain other features may not function as well.
Sharing your information with third-parties:
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your personal information with advertisers or other third-parties, with certain limited exceptions:
1. Some member services require that we share information with third-party service providers, such as insurance companies who underwrite the policies offered through our insurance program. In such cases, we share only the minimum information required to provide the service in question, and only with the specific third-parties who need access to that information to assist in the provision of those services.
2. From time-to-time we may release information (excluding personally identifiable or disaggregated donor information) to third-party researchers, provided the research is being conducted with charitable objectives related to strengthening the arts and cultural sector. In such cases we will not allow for the publication of disaggregated or personally indentifiable information without first providing the affected parties with a reasonable opportunity to opt-out.
3. We may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served.
4. In the event that Mission.Earth goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Mission.Earth does not sell, trade, or share our donors’ personal information with any other organizations or vendors, nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, without the donor’s consent. As a rule, however, we do provide our fiscally sponsored artists with information on the donors who have contributed to support their specific projects. 99% of the time this is what such donors expect, but requests for anonymity from the supported artists will be honored.
Your California privacy rights:
California residents are permitted by California law to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this disclosure. (Note that the state of California requires that we post this notice. We love Californians, but we will happily extend the same courtesy to anyone, whether or not the person is a resident of California!)
The Sites contains links to other websites not owned or controlled by Mission.Earth. Hopefully it is obvious that we, Mission.Earth, are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of such sites. You should read their privacy policies before submitting any information to them.
Notification of Changes