Acceptance of Terms
Description of Services
Through its web site, Mission.Earth provides you with access to a variety of resources, including a news release database and distribution system, a job center, communication forums, and multiple ways of accessing and using Mission.Earth’s member benefits (collectively “Services”). The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Web properties, are subject to the TOU.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
Notice Specific to Documents Available on this Website
Permission to use Documents (such as healthcare brochures, press releases, applications and FAQs) from the Services is granted, provided that (1) use of such Documents from the Services is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (2) no modifications of any Documents are made. You understand that any documents made available on this web site are to be used by Mission.Earth members and/or constituents for the purpose of assisting them in their personal use of the Services. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the fracturedatlas.org web site or any other Mission.Earth owned, operated, licensed or controlled site. Elements of Mission.Earth web sites are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any Mission.Earth site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Mission.Earth. Mission.Earth and/or its respective partners and affiliates make no representations about the suitability or accuracy of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published as part of the Services for any purpose. All such documents and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Mission.Earth and/or its respective partners and affiliates hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statuatory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Mission.Earth and/or its respective partners or affiliates be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or loss or use of any documents, information, or tools published or made available on this web site, whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious action.
Membership, Password, and Security
Many of the Services require you to be a member of Mission.Earth, and to be eligible to use those Services you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form, as well as pay any relevant membership dues, enrollment fees, and/or renewal fees. When you join Mission.Earth, you will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Mission.Earth immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Mission.Earth will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Mission.Earth or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the express permission of both the account holder and Mission.Earth.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Mission.Earth server, or the network(s) connected to any Mission.Earth server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Mission.Earth server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
Use of Services
The Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a “Communication Service” and collectively “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Mission.Earth has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Mission.Earth reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Mission.Earth reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. Mission.Earth reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in it’s sole discretion. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Services. Mission.Earth does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Mission.Earth specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Moderators are not authorized Mission.Earth spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Mission.Earth. Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
Materials Provided to Mission.Earth or Posted at any Mission.Earth Website